IT Support Technician
As part of a large vibrant independent and multi-location communications agency, we enjoy the diversity of our skills and roles across the agency. We are passionate about making a difference in Healthcare and delivering the best and most innovative services we can for our clients.
The IT Support Technician will provide remote and onsite technical support and operations assistance. The qualified candidate possesses a strong desire to provide best in class customer support and will demonstrate an eagerness to learn and thrive in a busy communications agency environment. The role day to day is support ticket driven, while also working on service delivery improvements and team processes. You will also be involved in team projects including migration and integration work. You will work in collaboration with other department members and proactively communicate status reports and issues to the manager.
- Support Tickets: Provides daily 1st and 2nd line IT support of global incoming support requests.
- Responds to IT support requests users in person, on-line or by telephone;
- Maintains accurate tracking logs in the global ticket system and actions performed; acts as first-line support for all computers, printer, audio-visual and copier-related needs such as jam repair and service ticket submission;
- Escalates issues to 3rd line or management team as appropriate.
- New Hire Setup: Completes set up of new hires (computer, monitor, keyboard, accessories, office supplies, and office equipment)
- Managing the life cycle of IT equipment including the re-distribution of IT kit where appropriate
- Phone System: Interfaces with phone system vendor for routine moves, adds, changes, employee setup, and employee training materials. Reviews and submits all phone system maintenance invoices and quarterly maintenance fees
- Meeting room AV systems: Routinely reviews and updates all AV systems in all conference facilities, insuring peak operating performance of projectors, CPUs, wireless peripherals, etc.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Updates agency contact lists with new hires and leaves
- Issues security fobs for new employees and regularly maintains security log systems
- Implement file/folder permissions changes
- Traditional networking support including firewalls, switches, and telephony
- Web filtering and email support
- Supporting VPN and WiFi
- Update Asset Management system as needed
- Document processes and maintain documentation guides
- Other related duties as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must possess working knowledge of information systems concepts
- Demonstrates technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information PC literacy, including working knowledge of desktop applications
- Help to increase awareness and technology understanding across the business
- Lead by example, doing whatever is required to get the job completed
- Be a key advocate for technology applications across the group
- Possesses a basic understanding of networking technologies including LAN/WAN connectivity/ topology
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365
- Familiarity with the following:
- Copier interfaces, tools, and support protocols
- Move/Add/Change protocols for phone systems
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10
- Apple Macintosh OS/X, IOS 10, 11 and 12
- General familiarity with Android platforms
- BitLocker and FileVault, Active Directory, and Azure
- 1+ year technical support experience in a consulting/supplier, or agency environment
- Ability to work well with teams based in multiple locations
- Occasional travel to UK and throughout the US may be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to proactively suggest and deliver improvements
- Degree or equivalent work experience
Candidates will be asked to complete a technical aptitude test on site as part of the interview process.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL FISHAWACK POSITIONS
Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; has a sense of urgency and acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect
Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment
Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain