We are searching for a seasoned VP, Group Account Director to successfully lead key client account(s) by providing sound, innovative, and strategic leadership. This individual will be required to establish and maintain effective senior-level client relationships. The VP, Group Account Director is responsible for client success and satisfaction, brand planning, strategic and tactical deliverables, and profitability of all assigned brands. The VP, Group Account Director will also play a significant role in new business activities and initiatives.
- Own and lead the client’s business within the agency. Lead the agency team with a thorough knowledge of marketing strategy, competitive landscape, challenges and opportunities that will influence the brand, market research techniques, brand planning, promotional venues, scientific background, and medical/legal requirements
- Develop and maintain senior-level client relationships, providing value as a strategic thinker, problem solver, and team leader
- Lead agency teams in annual brand planning
- Build and support a strong and strategically focused client/agency team
- Direct and motivate Account Supervisors and Senior Account Executives to effectively deliver value to our clients
- Guide team members’ career paths and skills development; conduct and coach direct reports and team members through regular feedback sessions
- Manage and monitor account financial performance, including group productivity and profitability
- Collaborate with creative team to initiate, develop, and produce the best possible creative product
- Ensure proper management of issues regarding timelines and cost efficiencies
- Propose and supervise client relationship-building activities
- Develop, monitor and/or advance internal operating procedures with Project Management Department to ensure efficiencies
- Identify and participate in the development of new business opportunities with existing or prospective clients
- Must possess a deep and thorough understanding of the pharma/healthcare advertising industry
- Marketing acumen and demonstrated experience in leading an integrated agency team in brand planning, budget development, execution and measurement
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple clients and account teams
- Demonstrated success at developing valued relationships with senior-level client management
- Demonstrated success as strategic partner to clients
- Digital and multi-channel experience
- Must have participated actively in new business initiatives including planning and pitch presentations
- Must have proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic client growth
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Superior presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen - demonstrated success in ensuring cost effectiveness and productivity
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- Must have 12+ years of Brand AOR account leadership experience, with at least five years of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience
- 5+ years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Experience in specialty therapeutic categories, pulmonary background highly preferred
- Brand launch experience required
- Experience developing, producing and leading multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives required
- Candidates must demonstrate hands-on proficiency in developing and delivering presentations in PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel based on client business needs (client meetings, market research, etc.)
Note: A presentation to a group of peers will be required by the top finalists. The title of VP may be awarded based on experience and qualifications.
Independently owned for the past 25 years, Dudnyk is an award-winning, full-service healthcare advertising agency that specializes in creating insight-driven, authentic brand experiences that unite specialty physicians and their patients. They leverage strategic, scientific, and highly creative capabilities to serve clients in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. Dudnyk offers a unique culture, fosters individual career growth, and promotes collaboration among all disciplines.
A five-time Best Places to Work winner, Dudnyk offers our employees a comprehensive health and wellness program that includes three medical plan options, prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance, free life insurance, and free short-term & long-term disability coverage. Financial wellness benefits include a health savings account (with a company contribution), a 529 plan, and a 401(k) plan with a great company match. In addition to PTO and paid holidays, each employee gets paid time to volunteer at a charitable organization of their choice. We also offer a fitness reimbursement benefit, tuition reimbursement, and a strong performance coaching program that guides you in fulfilling your career goals. We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. Come learn more about us at www.dudnyk.com.
Dudnyk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.