Associate Scientific Director
Dudnyk, a pharmaceutical advertising agency, is looking for an Associate Scientific Director (ASD) to join the Scientific Team. In this healthcare communications role, the ASD will be responsible for communicating medical/scientific/technical information to internal and external audiences including copywriters and marketing teams.
- Provide scientific expertise and guidance to creative, strategy, editorial, and account management teams; serve as trusted internal resource
- Educate creative, strategy, editorial, and account teams on scientific aspects of assigned accounts, demonstrating strong understanding of the relevant therapeutic area and market environment
- Review promotional materials to add value and assure scientific accuracy and strategic alignment, and to ensure quality output that helps to build the scientific foundation for pharmaceutical and biotech brands
- Guide, review, and assist copywriters on appropriate promotion language in support of client messaging that is consistent with regulatory guidelines associated with product indication
- Draft outlines or clinical descriptions that guide copywriter efforts within a scientifically rigorous framework that is strategically sound and consistent with client expectations
- Serve as the team scientific representative during client medical-legal-regulatory review of promotional materials
- Assist with growing client relationships by demonstrating mastery of the brand’s science and by helping to shape medical strategy as needed
- Assist in new business development by conducting background research, creating educational materials for the internal team, and contributing to the preparation of new business proposals
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent effectiveness and clarity in oral and written communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Expertise in conducting literature searches and concisely summarizing findings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and attend to numerous ongoing projects on defined timelines
- Excellent skills using MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Advanced degree (PhD or PharmD required)
- Experience in oncology or immunology preferred
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in life sciences (or relevant field) preferred; teaching experience a plus
- In-depth understanding of clinical trial design and statistics, and ability to develop and present complex data in simple graphical formats
- Knowledge of FDA regulations/guidelines preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently
Please include a complete cover letter with your application.
A presentation to a group of peers will be required by the top finalists.
Independently owned for the past 25 years, Dudnyk is an award-winning, full-service healthcare advertising agency that specializes in creating insight-driven, authentic brand experiences that unite specialty physicians and their patients. They leverage strategic, scientific, and highly creative capabilities to serve clients in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. Dudnyk offers a unique culture, fosters individual career growth, and promotes collaboration among all disciplines.
A five-time Best Places to Work winner, Dudnyk offers our employees a comprehensive health and wellness program that includes three medical plan options, prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance, free life insurance, and free short-term & long-term disability coverage. Financial wellness benefits include a health savings account (with a company contribution), a 529 plan, and a 401(k) plan with a great company match. In addition to PTO and paid holidays, each employee gets two paid days per year to volunteer at a charitable organization of their choice. We also offer a fitness reimbursement benefit, tuition reimbursement, and a strong performance coaching program that guides you in fulfilling your career goals. Come learn more about us at www.dudnyk.com.